- Year Selected: 2014
- Age at selection: 17
- Venture: Ribla Neda
- Country: YCote d'Ivoire
- Sector: Agriculture
GET TO KNOW GABRIEL …
Meet Gabriel, a young Ivorian man who’s community poverty situation inspired him to make a difference. He founded a student run farming organisation that cultivates basic staple food to feed themselves and their families.
Light bulb moment:
- 17 years old,
- Formed an association seeking to eradicate starvation in his region. Got a piece of land from his uncle and started growing maize & cassava.
- Members pay a small contribution to cover basic expenses and are direct beneficiaries of the produce.
Where are we now:
- 4 student employees, 30 members of the association
- Food production at 20 bags of maize and 1 cargo of cassava per year.
- Purchase land for the association and modernize the agricultural process
Support Gabriel on his entrepreneurial journey and give him a big thumbs up on Facebook!