GET TO KNOW ALAIN …
Meet Alain, alarmed by the high new born and pregnant women death rate in his community , he developed a mobile app to help alleviate this problem.
Light bulb moment:
- 20 years old,
- Develop android app to help teenage mothers and health workers calculate due dates.
- Collated an advisory board to collect and disseminate information to women in the community.
Where am I now:
- Over 500 app downloads with integration on locally made phones
- 20% increase in antenatal attendance rate for pregnant women in 15 rural communities.
- 1200 pregnant women & mothers as beneficiaries
- Working with 200 medical students to reduce brain drain and continue to develop solutions to health problems in Cameroon.
- Impact 50 000 pregnant women and mothers by end of 2015 and 5 million across the continent by 2017.
- WEF Global Shaper.
- Google Student Ambassador 2012.