African Leadership Academy (ALA) and The MasterCard Foundation – co-hosts of the Anzisha Prize – are excited to announce a significant increase in the support available to selected entrepreneurs over the next five years (2016 to 2020).
Each of the 20 finalists will now receive a $7,500 USD fellowship package with ALA’s Youth Entrepreneur Support Unit (YES-U) which includes the Anzisha Week bootcamp, mentorship and consulting services, travel opportunities, networking opportunities and business equipment.
Annually, the Grand Prize Winner receives $25,000 USD, 1st Runner-up receives $15,000 USD and 2nd Runner-up receives $12,500 USD. The remaining nine finalists will receive $2,500 USD each.
In addition, a $25,000 USD prize category has been created to reward performance of Anzisha Fellows once they are in the fellowship, recognising entrepreneurs who have extracted the most value from Anzisha program to date.
Specifically, the Anzisha Prize runs the following programs for fellows:
- Anzisha Week bootcamp, where you are taught by the world-renowned African Leadership Academy entrepreneurial leadership faculty and external business mentors.
- An Experts-in-Residence program, bringing global experts and small cohorts of Anzisha fellows together for 1-on-1 mentoring for up to a week.
- The Global Speaker Circuit, providing financial support for fellows to attend global conferences and promote their message and businesses.
- Anzisha Regional Fellow Indabas, bringing together Anzisha Fellows and African Leadership Academy alumni every year.
- The Youth Entrepreneur Support Unit (YES-U), which provides consulting and training support to Anzisha Fellows, particularly in their first year of the fellowship.
- Peer mentoring and social network, to engage with other fellows via Facebook, WhatsApp and other channels.